My Community

Coding Tips

ChrisRansom

• Christopher Michael Ransom The 1 and only.
    • View Profile
    • Draft Utopia
    • Email
Coding Tips
« on: August 18, 2014, 07:55:22 AM »
Here you can post your own code and give others coding tips so other users succeed at coding webpages.  Maybe we can assist and grow with each other by working together as a team.
My name is Chris Ransom and I am the creator of Draft Utopia.  I run the podcast, website, and forum for Draft Utopia.

WilliamJeffersonKeleher

• Will Keleher The Future CEO of Draft Utopia
    • View Profile
Re: Coding Tips
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 06:11:30 PM »
Chris,

It's been a while.  I'm majoring in Engineering at Arizona State.  I know some stuff about code.  You did a good job on the HTML tutorial.  I know some stuff about computers too.  Can I post some of the HTML tutorials during the NFL regular season.  I know you're going to be swamped.
People call me Will Keleher the Kid That Sells Stuff In His Jacket during school.  I deal crayons and color pencils over the internet.  I'm not a crack dealer living in my mothers basement like Koolguy.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 04:50:36 AM »
The HTML tutorial is great, excellent job. Even as limited as I am I always tell people, use external style sheets for pages you will reuse. This will save you hours of coding and make your page/business far more sustainable and productive.

Also, remember your meta, marketing is the greatest tool you have at your disposal.

ChrisRansom

• Christopher Michael Ransom The 1 and only.
    • View Profile
    • Draft Utopia
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 01:53:05 PM »
Chris,

It's been a while.  I'm majoring in Engineering at Arizona State.  I know some stuff about code.  You did a good job on the HTML tutorial.  I know some stuff about computers too.  Can I post some of the HTML tutorials during the NFL regular season.  I know you're going to be swamped.

I might take that into consideration Will.  For now I'd like to do the tutorials.  I'll have a CSS piece up soon.

The HTML tutorial is great, excellent job. Even as limited as I am I always tell people, use external style sheets for pages you will reuse. This will save you hours of coding and make your page/business far more sustainable and productive.

Also, remember your meta, marketing is the greatest tool you have at your disposal.

Exactly Joey.  Meta name is essential for marketing.  The title and meta name are the two most important tools to have at your disposal.  I'll probably focus on Meta Name and Ordering Lists for next week's HTML lesson plan.
My name is Chris Ransom and I am the creator of Draft Utopia.  I run the podcast, website, and forum for Draft Utopia.

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 06:13:53 PM »
Yea, I mean, without the title the web bar (Don't know the technical term) won't know where to go/what to put in the bar. The title tells the Browser what you are doing.