My Community

2015 NFL Free Agency Thread

ChrisRansom

• Christopher Michael Ransom The 1 and only.
    • View Profile
    • Draft Utopia
    • Email
2015 NFL Free Agency Thread
« on: March 10, 2015, 12:43:51 PM »
We will keep track of all NFL Free Agent Signings here in the Draft Utopia Forum.
My name is Chris Ransom and I am the creator of Draft Utopia.  I run the podcast, website, and forum for Draft Utopia.

PennStateGhostRider

• Lovechild of Joe Paterno and Ghost Rider
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 NFL Free Agency Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 04:13:58 PM »
Some trades to announce

Seahawks get jimmy graham they the the saints center max unger and the 31st pick in the draft for graham.

Rams get nick foles as give the eagles sam Bradford.

Ravens get lions fourth and fifth round picks for haloti ngata.
Ghost Rider and Joe Paterno had sex in the Penn State locker room as I was conceived.  No football players were there and it was consent.

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 04:17:00 PM »
Seahawks won't be as good without left guard James Carpenter who went to the Jets and Max Unger who got dealt to the Saints.  Saints can take a tight end in round 2 and can get a cornerback and pass rusher in round 1 to solidify their defensive needs.

As for the Rams I love this trade.  Nick Foles is a clear upgrade over Sam Bradford.

CommissionerGamecheck

• Commissioner of the National Football League
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 04:19:50 PM »
Ravens got played on the Haloti Ngata trade.  At least I don't have to give Suh anymore game checks.  Did you know I've handed Suh more game checks than anyone else in the past five years?
My name is Commissioner Gamecheck.  I'm the greatest commissioner in pro sports.  I fine people who misbehave on the Draft Utopia forums.  If I don't like your post you will be fined $15,000 and will use that money to pay me Roger Goodell also known as Commissioner Gamecheck.

WilliamJeffersonKeleher

• Will Keleher The Future CEO of Draft Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 04:23:04 PM »
I know the Jets got Brandon Marshall in a trade, but I want the Giants to get Jake Long since I don't trust any of the offensive tackles in this draft.
People call me Will Keleher the Kid That Sells Stuff In His Jacket during school.  I deal crayons and color pencils over the internet.  I'm not a crack dealer living in my mothers basement like Koolguy.

ChrisRansom

• View Profile
    • Draft Utopia
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 04:23:54 PM »
Julius Thomas $9.25 million over 5 years $24 million guaranteed.
My name is Chris Ransom and I am the creator of Draft Utopia.  I run the podcast, website, and forum for Draft Utopia.

WilliamJeffersonKeleher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 04:27:43 PM »
Eagles will package Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez, and Matt Barkley along with the 20th pick, a 2016 first rounder, and a 2017 second rounder to the Titans for the second pick and Zach Mettenberger, for a 2016 fifth round pick.  I expect the Eagles to pull off a blockbuster trade to get Marcus Mariota.

Titans are bringing Marcus Mariota in for a workout following his Pro Day.  If Mariota dominates at his individual workout then the Titans will take him second.  If Mariota has a horrible individual workout the Titans will trade the pick to the Eagles in a blockbuster trade like the one I described.
People call me Will Keleher the Kid That Sells Stuff In His Jacket during school.  I deal crayons and color pencils over the internet.  I'm not a crack dealer living in my mothers basement like Koolguy.

ChrisRansom

• View Profile
    • Draft Utopia
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 04:35:10 PM »
Look at the signings at the quarterback position.  Most teams retained their quarterback.  Eagles retained Mark Sanchez.  Sanchez VS Bradford will be epic.  two top five picks from the 2009 and 2010 draft.  Texans retained Ryan Mallett and signed Brian Hoyer.  Hoyer and Mallett will be another fun quarterback.

Winston and Mariota should go top 2.  Brett Hundley will likely start for the Jets as a second round pick like Derek Carr did.  The rest of the quarterbacks are up for grabs.

WilliamJeffersonKeleher

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 04:36:23 PM »
Saints re-signed Mark Ingram.  Colts got Frank Gore.  My Giants added Shane Vereen from your Patriots.

WilliamJeffersonKeleher

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 04:37:34 PM »
What happens with DeMarco Murray and Justin Forsett is more important then what happens with the rest of the running backs in this draft.  Breaking news with Jake Locker.

ChrisRansom

• View Profile
    • Draft Utopia
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 04:41:40 PM »
What happens with Locker will be interesting.  Des Bryant and Demaryius Thomas got tagged.  Randall Cobb returns to the Packers.  Maclin left Philadelphia to go to the Chiefs.  The 49ers replaced Michael Crabtree with Torrey Smith.  Smith and Boldin will be good targets for Kaepernick.

Other guys that are left at wide receiver are Andre Johnson, Percy Harvin, Michael Crabtree, Stevie Johnson, Kenny Britt, and Cecil Shorts.  Johnson is the only #1 receiver left and the rest of these guys are #2 receivers.  Hartline and the rest of the receivers after these guys are slot receivers.

PennStateGhostRider

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 04:43:16 PM »
Jake locker retires.
Ghost Rider and Joe Paterno had sex in the Penn State locker room as I was conceived.  No football players were there and it was consent.

WilliamJeffersonKeleher

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 04:44:19 PM »
I remember when Ransom said Jake Locker would be the best quarterback in the 2011 NFL Draft.  FAIL! Locker retires.

PennStateGhostRider

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 04:45:13 PM »
I remember when Ransom said Jake Locker would be the best quarterback in the 2011 NFL Draft.  FAIL! Locker retires.

Christian ponder will be next.

ChrisRansom

• View Profile
    • Draft Utopia
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 04:49:26 PM »
Julius Thomas signing with Jacksonville and Jimmy Graham being dealt to Seattle were the only exciting headlines at tight end.

You look at Free Agency the right tackles were the only free agents available.  Green Bay re-signed Bulaga.  Dallas re-signed Doug Free.  Houston brought back Derek Newton.  King Dunlap the top left tackle in free agency returned.

Mike Iupati left the 49ers to go to Arizona as the Cardinals new left guard.  Orlando Franklin left Denver to go to San Diego.

Oakland got Kansas City Chiefs center Rodney Hudson instead of retaining Stephen Wisnewski.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:08:33 PM by ChrisRansom »