• Post Game
The Windy City Assassin!

JesseLucas

• Too Big, Too Strong, Too Fast, Too Good
    • View Profile
    • Post Game
Re: NBA Power Rankings. Updated 11/21/14 morning
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 07:45:51 PM »
Updated NBA Power Rankings.  What do you think?  Where is your team ranked? How would you change it?
The Windy City Assassin!

theDUDE

• Lets Go 49ers WOOF WOOF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 08:00:26 PM »
Lakers are ranked too high.  Mavericks are ranked too high as well.  Spurs have now allowed fewer points than the Grizzlies plus they beat the Cavs.  Spurs should be top 10.  Golden State and Chicago should have remained in the top 5.

My top 5

5. San Antonio
4. Houston
3. Golden State
2. Chicago
1. Memphis
My name is the Dude, I'm a yellow lab and I kick ass at life and in the after life.  I'm an all around badass dog that loves sports.  Let's go San Francisco 49ers.  I love licking a quarterback's chops like Patrick Willis. Can Colin Kaepernick, the K-man fetch me a freakin bone? P.S. I love balloons

JesseLucas

• View Profile
    • Post Game
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 08:15:10 PM »
I would love to rank Chicago and Golden State higher.  I have a formula that I use in order to determine which teams are ranked where.  The biggest factor is overall record, but it also looks at the average rank that each team beats and the average rank each team losses to.  The Lakers got a big bump because they pulled off a win against the Rockets, who at the time were ranked #1 still from last week.  San Antonio has had some impressive wins as well, but they're overall record is not good enough to put them in the top 5 yet.  I tried to make up a way to rank teams without putting my personal opinions in it at all.  That's almost impossible, so I figured a way to greatly limit how much weight my opinion has.  One thing I hate is looking at some of ESPN's rankings.  For instance they had the Cavaliers ranked 6th this week.  Ahead of Chicago, Golden State, Toronto, San Antonio.
The Windy City Assassin!

JesseLucas

• View Profile
    • Post Game
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 08:19:28 PM »
I'm trying to change the formula that I'm using.  Working on a way where it will also take into account win and loss margin, and if a team is still winning without stars or starters.  So for instance if the Thunder beat the #10 ranked team it would help them more than if the Cavs beat the #10 ranked team.  Because the Thunder are doing it without KD and westbrook, whereas the Cavs have all their players. 
The Windy City Assassin!

JesseLucas

• View Profile
    • Post Game
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 08:20:22 PM »
ESPN gives the Cavs way too much credit just for having Lebron on the Roster.
The Windy City Assassin!