My Community

Cleveland Cavaliers: Are They The Favorite To Win The Eastern Conference

ChrisRansom

• Christopher Michael Ransom The 1 and only.
    • View Profile
    • Draft Utopia
    • Email
The Cleveland Cavaliers will have Kevin Love, LeBron James, and Kyrie Irving when the Kevin Love trade goes through on August 23rd.  Can they win the Eastern Conference and who will they play in the NBA Finals.  I would love to see a Cavs VS Clippers finals where Doc Rivers beats LeBron again and Donald Sterling is not owner of the Clippers.  Who do you like in the NBA this season?
My name is Chris Ransom and I am the creator of Draft Utopia.  I run the podcast, website, and forum for Draft Utopia.

theDUDE

• Lets Go 49ers WOOF WOOF!
    • View Profile
Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: Are They The Favorite To Win The Eastern Conference
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 12:22:40 AM »
Yes, but the Cavs will lose to the Lakers.  Kobe is winning a sixth ring.
My name is the Dude, I'm a yellow lab and I kick ass at life and in the after life.  I'm an all around badass dog that loves sports.  Let's go San Francisco 49ers.  I love licking a quarterback's chops like Patrick Willis. Can Colin Kaepernick, the K-man fetch me a freakin bone? P.S. I love balloons

JesseLucas

• Too Big, Too Strong, Too Fast, Too Good
    • View Profile
    • Post Game
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 01:18:41 PM »
I'm gonna say no.  I expected the Cavs to be really good this season but come in second to the Chicago bulls.  The Bulls have way too much depth for the Cavs to hang with them.  As long as Rose can stay relatively healthy (I'm talking about his knees) they should be able to pretty easily take a weak eastern conference.  Rose sat out last night against the Magic with a sprained ankle.  After the game during the post game press conference Thibs said Rose could've played if they needed it.  But they would have rather rested him against a weaker Magic team since they had faith they could pick up the Win without having to start him, and they were right.  Four years ago Lebron took his talents to south beach.  After watching the start of this season I'd say he left them there when he went back to Cleveland.  The only gave they have won was against the Bulls and they only reason they won was because of a bad foul by Tony Snell on Lebron when the bulls were up by 5 with 49 seconds left.  If not for that foul the Cavs would be 0-3 right now.  Think about this.  Tristan Thompson had 12 offensive rebounds in that game and they had to go into overtime to win.  That shows how bad they are executing on offense.  And as far as the Lakers go.....sorry there 0-5 start is a good indication of how the season is going to go.
The Windy City Assassin!

ChrisRansom

• Christopher Michael Ransom The 1 and only.
    • View Profile
    • Draft Utopia
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 05:16:47 PM »
I'm gonna say no.  I expected the Cavs to be really good this season but come in second to the Chicago bulls.  The Bulls have way too much depth for the Cavs to hang with them.  As long as Rose can stay relatively healthy (I'm talking about his knees) they should be able to pretty easily take a weak eastern conference.  Rose sat out last night against the Magic with a sprained ankle.  After the game during the post game press conference Thibs said Rose could've played if they needed it.  But they would have rather rested him against a weaker Magic team since they had faith they could pick up the Win without having to start him, and they were right.  Four years ago Lebron took his talents to south beach.  After watching the start of this season I'd say he left them there when he went back to Cleveland.  The only gave they have won was against the Bulls and they only reason they won was because of a bad foul by Tony Snell on Lebron when the bulls were up by 5 with 49 seconds left.  If not for that foul the Cavs would be 0-3 right now.  Think about this.  Tristan Thompson had 12 offensive rebounds in that game and they had to go into overtime to win.  That shows how bad they are executing on offense.  And as far as the Lakers go.....sorry there 0-5 start is a good indication of how the season is going to go.

Gonna have to agree Jesse.  I think the Spurs beat the Bulls this year.  Cleveland never wins at anything in todays era.  Even if they do keep their head coach and make the NBA Finals in 2016, I expect someone like a healthy OKC team or the Clippers to beat the Cavs in the finals before this team dissolves.  LeBron only signed a two year deal so he can bolt for free agency.  I guarantee that LeBron or Durant will bolt if neither the Cavs or Thunder win a Title by 2016.
My name is Chris Ransom and I am the creator of Draft Utopia.  I run the podcast, website, and forum for Draft Utopia.

JesseLucas

• View Profile
    • Post Game
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 12:23:47 AM »
I think Lebron has the option to opt out after this year too.  I've heard a lot about how he is getting frustrated with Dan Gilbert for not giving Tristan Thompson the extension he wanted.  On top just look at how they are playing this year.  Sitting at 1-3 and really haven't even looked good this year.  Maybe they will get better as the season goes on but with Lebron making comments about how his team mates are being selfish and things like that (I think he was referring to Irving taking 17 shots).  He's just throwing his team mates under the bus.  I think him and Kyrie are going to butt heads all season long because Kyrie is a shoot first point and not a Give the ball to Lebron point.  It'll come down to get rid of Irving or I'm opting out after this season.  Maybe Lebron ends up in New York with Melo, L.A. with Kobe, Maybe even back in Miami, but if they don't turn it around he won't be in Cleveland more than a season. 8) 8)
The Windy City Assassin!

JesseLucas

• View Profile
    • Post Game
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 01:03:55 AM »
Well my first power rankings are done.  As long as Portland wins tonight (which is very likely) than the Cavaliers are ranked 23.  The Miami Heat are ranked 9th without Lebron and the T'wolves are ranked 13th without Love.  It's still early in the season and a lot can change, but if your Minnesota or Miami you gotta be feeling at least a little better about how this off-season went down.

8) 8) 8) 8)
The Windy City Assassin!