My Community

Subway Super Series

WilliamJeffersonKeleher

• Will Keleher The Future CEO of Draft Utopia
    • View Profile
Subway Super Series
« on: October 31, 2014, 07:22:11 AM »
Every November the best CHL Players face off with Russia's Under 18 Team For 6 Days with the WHL All Stars facing Russia twice, the OHL All Stars face Russia twice, and the QMJHL All Stars Facing Russia Twice.  Chris Ransom watched 30 CHL Players and only 12 of them received All Star Invites To the Super Series.  Those are the NHL guys I would draft and then I'd avoid drafting the other players cause the players playing in the All Star Game are probably better players and the All Stars that Chris doesn't have in the first round are probably sleepers.  Thoughts?

http://www.draftutopia.com/canadaprospects.html
People call me Will Keleher the Kid That Sells Stuff In His Jacket during school.  I deal crayons and color pencils over the internet.  I'm not a crack dealer living in my mothers basement like Koolguy.

BoukenGreen

• The Smart-Ass Adventural
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Subway Super Series
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 01:13:59 PM »
i'm not sure but it could be a case of the teams not letting the players play for the all-star teams like how some teams won't let them play for their country during the WJC
There are somethings arrows can't kill.
For everything else, there's Master Sword

ChrisRansom

• Christopher Michael Ransom The 1 and only.
    • View Profile
    • Draft Utopia
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 03:51:27 PM »
Connor McDavid and his teammate Dylan Strome are both CHL All Stars.  You might be onto something Will.  I am going to need to take player statistics and CHL All Star Rankings into account with my next power rankings.

I guess CHL guys have the Subway Super Series and the CHL Prospects game to impress NHL Scouts.
My name is Chris Ransom and I am the creator of Draft Utopia.  I run the podcast, website, and forum for Draft Utopia.

BoukenGreen

• The Smart-Ass Adventural
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 07:34:00 PM »
yea i do wish we could get more CHL games here in the states
There are somethings arrows can't kill.
For everything else, there's Master Sword