My Community

Thoughts On Membergroup Rankings

WilliamJeffersonKeleher

• Will Keleher The Future CEO of Draft Utopia
    • View Profile
Thoughts On Membergroup Rankings
« on: October 22, 2014, 12:25:46 PM »
Before it only took 50 posts to go from Newbie to temporary member.  Men had to work for their supper.  Now it only takes 20 posts to go from rookie to sophomore.  The other thing I like is that you get upgraded to first round pick once you hit 50 posts.  The thing I dislike is that Chris made 15 different categories for post rankings.  The highest ranking is Godfather and that requires you to have 5,000 posts.

I love these message boards, but we're a pee wee forum compared to Draft Countdown or Walter Football.
People call me Will Keleher the Kid That Sells Stuff In His Jacket during school.  I deal crayons and color pencils over the internet.  I'm not a crack dealer living in my mothers basement like Koolguy.

BoukenGreen

• The Smart-Ass Adventural
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thoughts On Membergroup Rankings
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 12:45:46 PM »
yea ranks mean very little to me but i do like how the ranks have more of a ssports feel to them
There are somethings arrows can't kill.
For everything else, there's Master Sword

ChrisRansom

• Christopher Michael Ransom The 1 and only.
    • View Profile
    • Draft Utopia
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 12:57:02 PM »
Like BoukenGreen said I thought a Sports feel would be cool, besides I think Draft Utopia is more of a rival company to Walter Football than Draft Countdown because Scott is not as active with his site as he used to be.  Didn't want to go past 5,000 posts because if you post more than that many times, you don't have a life.

Plus I'm giving BoukenGreen a fair chance to beat me to Godfather status because Godfather status requires 5,000 posts.  Nobody can call themselves candidate to be godfather until they hit 1,000 posts.

Draft Countdown is still the short term rival, but we've framed ourselves as the long term rival site to Walterfootball.  Rivalries mean nothing when it comes to web design.  It is about how you frame your site so people invest in it.  That's what matters.

Draft Countdown has 40,000 forum members, but Scott has yet to make a mock draft for 2015.  It's almost like he is waiting for players to declare before posting his rankings.  Highest poster has around 15,000 posts

Walter Football has 81,000 members and Walt has 51,000 posts while other forum users can be around 31,000 something posts.

This message board has 24 members and is growing, but I've been coding since I was 23 and those guys began coding when they were 17 and they didn't really work 20 hours a day on their sites until they had Bachelor's degrees, but I bet both of them were busy working on their site when they didn't have schoolwork.
My name is Chris Ransom and I am the creator of Draft Utopia.  I run the podcast, website, and forum for Draft Utopia.

BoukenGreen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 02:19:13 PM »
Like BoukenGreen said I thought a Sports feel would be cool, besides I think Draft Utopia is more of a rival company to Walter Football than Draft Countdown because Scott is not as active with his site as he used to be.  Didn't want to go past 5,000 posts because if you post more than that many times, you don't have a life.

Plus I'm giving BoukenGreen a fair chance to beat me to Godfather status because Godfather status requires 5,000 posts.  Nobody can call themselves candidate to be godfather until they hit 1,000 posts.

Draft Countdown is still the short term rival, but we've framed ourselves as the long term rival site to Walterfootball.  Rivalries mean nothing when it comes to web design.  It is about how you frame your site so people invest in it.  That's what matters.

Draft Countdown has 40,000 forum members, but Scott has yet to make a mock draft for 2015.  It's almost like he is waiting for players to declare before posting his rankings.  Highest poster has around 15,000 posts

Walter Football has 81,000 members and Walt has 51,000 posts while other forum users can be around 31,000 something posts.

This message board has 24 members and is growing, but I've been coding since I was 23 and those guys began coding when they were 17 and they didn't really work 20 hours a day on their sites until they had Bachelor's degrees, but I bet both of them were busy working on their site when they didn't have schoolwork.
the only reason i can post so often is because i'm a disabled 26 year old that stays home most of the time

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 12:05:46 AM »
make good choices good places bad choice bad place
IT'S JUST SPORTS PEOPLE

BoukenGreen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 09:18:47 PM »
i would love to get a job but i can't drive and don't know if i will ever be able to drive again

WilliamJeffersonKeleher

• Will Keleher The Future CEO of Draft Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 03:58:51 PM »

Or we can sit on our asses and build an online community that kicks more ass than World of Warcraft.  It's not like Chris Ransom is pimping us by charging us money.
People call me Will Keleher the Kid That Sells Stuff In His Jacket during school.  I deal crayons and color pencils over the internet.  I'm not a crack dealer living in my mothers basement like Koolguy.